The way we book travel has evolved once again. First there were travel agents. Then there were online DIY travel agencies. Now there's a hyrbid of the two. Recently a few travel sites have surfaced offering agent-planned itineraries based on travel seeker specifications. The catch: agents/agencies bid for your business.
How it works
- Travel seeker goes to the agent trip planning site
- Enters travel preferences: dates, destination, departure city, interests, etc...(in your own words & using check boxes)
- Preferences are reviewed and itineraries put together by travel agents and tour operators
- Trip plans are then submitted to traveller
- Traveller purchases best plan and bookings are made