In case the Olympic footage of British Columbia isn't enough to entice you to visit Canada's beautiful West Coast, hopefully the above video will...but really, as if you needed convincing.
Ok, like the 4.5 million other international visitors in 2008, you're now excited to visit "The Best Place on Earth" (caption on all BC license plates). But what now? The planning stage prior to a trip can often be the most time consuming. This is why Tourism British Columbia has put together a list of 4000 activities, restaurants and accommodations to assist in your BC trip planning. An apt explanation of this app is "it's like having a visitor centre in your pocket."
Near Me BC Travel App Details
- select categories like active & outdoors, attractions, food & drink, transportation & rentals, accommodations and visitor centres for most cities
- determines your location and presents info of what's nearest at the moment
- on a road trip? select from list of locations and find out what's ahead
- save all important info for offline browsing
- also contains 2010 Games info (if you happen to read this post before Feb 28th)
Other Travel iPhone Apps we've Reviewed
Tom Brokaw's Explanation of Canada to USA (Shown during NBC's Olympic Broadcast)